A glimpse of the past week and the few articles, podcasts, tools, videos and music that captivated my attention:
Happy Birthday little munchkin! At 00:00 on the 19th, Amma and I celebrated your birthday with just the three of us; with you fast asleep on amma’s shoulder, as we were waiting to board the flight to Hong Kong. This will be your longest [34hrs] birthday so far. We’re supremely thankful to have you with us and we’re beyond surprised how you make parenting feel so easy(mostly). As you grow in this mad, illogical, crazy yet mesmerizing world; we
hope we’re able to will expose you to people, countries, realms, religions, experiences, wildlife, nature and above all nudge you towards making this a better place for everyone. As cliche as it sounds, time IS flying!
We’re back in Baltimore just in time for the winter! Shuttled to DC for the IMST OA which fell through by just 0.25 points. Sucks, but I guess that’s part of the deal.
Overall a busy week. Didn’t get around reading/listening as much as I generally do.
Interesting podcasts this week:
- The Memory Palace: Let it snow. On the flight headed towards Dulles today, I was pondering over the recent shooting in California. Shootings in schools and parties? Where are we really headed? Humanity is passing through some really shitty times and it’s beyond my comprehension why a human would willingly take another individual’s life. The U.S needs to control public access to firearms. Actually, No. It should prohibit individuals from bearing arms altogether! The absolute lack of any tangible action is deplorable.
Interesting tools this week:
- Grocy: ERP beyond the fridge
- Forecast Advisor: 5-day weather forecast for a U.S. Zipcode with accuracy calcs for the major weather forecasters.
- Pixelfed: Ad and algorithm free, federated image sharing platform
Interesting reads this week:
- How to Predict Extreme Weather – Issue 78: Atmospheres – Nautilus: Using ‘Transfer learning’ to predict El Niño
- Firefox’s fight for the future of the web: I switched to Firefox a few years ago and haven’t been disappointed yet! With the fabulous add-ons [Instapaper, Bitwarden, Invidition, FB Container etc.], Firefox makes more than a compelling case to switch.