A glimpse of the past week and the few articles, podcasts, tools, videos and music that captivated my attention:
Watched the Sky is Pink with Meena, while Shasta stayed at home. A touching story and at some level I believe it did nudge Meena to consider signing up for the Bone Marrow registry. While I fail to understand what’s holding her (and other folks in my family) back, hoping she does see this through over the next few weeks.
Books: Started reading Butter Tea at Sunrise. Don’t quite remember when I purchased this book. Found it in an old cabin luggage which I left behind in Chennai about ten years ago.
Fitness: A decent workout week. 5k beach run and 30 mins breast-stroke swimming at MBC on Monday, 3k walk on Tuesday, 20 mins swim on Wednesday, 4k run near the Theosophical society and Besant Nagar beach on Friday and 30 mins swim at MBC and 4k run at the YMCA grounds on Saturday.
Work: With the OA scheduling information out, it’s time to start planning our trip to the west. Quite a few variables at play and I guess it’s time to start lining up those meetings!
Interesting tools this week:
- I just gave my trusty old linux machine a good cleanup with Bleachbit. If you’re looking for a ‘digital shredder’ and want to reclaim some space across apps and installations, this is it!
- Invidious: An alternative front-end to you-tube.
Interesting podcasts this week:
- This story climbed Mount Washington
- Episode 901: Bad Cops Are Expensive
Great music finds this week:
Videos watched this week:
- On’s coverage on Katie’s FKT attempt: Homecoming feat. Katie Schide. I do absolutely love their running shoes!
- How India runs the world’s biggest election
Interesting reads this week:
- Katie Schide Breaks FKT Hut Traverse Record : 50 miles in 12h23min6s..that’s insane and so uber cool! The White Mountains in NH was my ‘second home’ and the AMC ‘huts’ is the best man-made thing up on those mountains.
- Trudging the highly unregulated, corrupt, mostly illegal and mafia ridden sand mining business; and it’s effect on the environment.
- While not quite surprising, this article on the Chinese Cormac airline and the IP theft and hacking it purportedly involved is phenomenal!
- Trump Administration Moves To Expand Logging In Nation’s Largest National Forest : As always we’re back to that dicey balance: Where does one draw a line between profitability, sustainable jobs, economic stability and long term impact on the global weather and fragile ecosystems? The current administration for sure knows which side to lean to!
- Columbus Day Or Indigenous Peoples’ Day? : It’s all in the name. Or not!
- The Implant That Can Control Your Brain : With nano devices that are seamlessly blending into the neurons and coupled with our complex understanding of the neural code, we’ve breached that delicate realm of science where technological limitations are no longer a hindrance. It’s all going to be a power play henceforth!